Son Vivot is a possessió located in Inca which, until the 16th century, was called Son Suau after its landlords until then. In 1581, it was owned by Pedro Vivot and documented under the name of Son Vivot. It consists of enormous possessió houses organised around a partially open courtyard. The main large facade was built on a dirt road and has two floors and a porch. The outer entrance, located slightly more to the left of the axis of symmetry, has a semicircular arch, sandstone voussoirs and jambs made using rough-cut ashlar stone, topped with the coat of arms from the Sureda family inscribed with AIN 1672.
The right side of the facade is occupied by an old defensive tower, with a quadrangular ground plan and three stories. Therein lies a diminished arch gate on the ground floor, a window on the first floor and another on the second, crowned by battlements around the perimeter. Under this lies the wine cellar, a room that confirms the importance of the vineyard on the possession. At the entrance, there are farm facilities with a raised ground plan and porch, a diminished arch on the left and a lintelled doorway further to the right. The farm originally had an olive press or mill, traces of which still remain.
In the 17th century, Son Vivot was at the heart of a stately group of properties, among which there were several sheds and water mills. In 1636, it had houses, a chapel, wine cellar, olive mill and blood mill, and its activity was based on olive groves, carob trees, fig trees, fruit trees, vineyards and cereal crops. In 1664, Francina Tomás Sureda, wife of the II Count of Formiguera, Ramon Burgues Zaforteza, known as Comte Mal, purchased Son Vivot as well as Son Albertí. Both were neglected and uncultivated for years and so their management entailed a turning point. The ruins of an irrigation canal that carried water from the Pont d’en León stream to the houses of Son Vivot were found on the possessió. It was also used to water the garden. The new landlady recovered the irrigation canal and, in 1668, she was given the right to the water she had channelled, although she came up against the opposition of Mr. Austin Gual from Talapi. The agreement stated four days of use per week for Son Vivot and three for Talapi.
In 1675, major expansion works were carried out in the houses of Son Vivot and the chapel. When the countess died in 1674, the estate went to her nephew, Mr. Joan Miquel Sureda y de Santacilia. In 1782, Son Vivot already belonged to the Marquis of Vivot, Joan Sureda y de Veri, who in 1804 acquired the water from the Sa Torrentera irrigation canal, establishing Son Vivot as a renowned possessió where wheat and olive trees were grown and oil was made. The wine cellar, dating back to the early 18th century, produced wine with the label of the Marquis of Vivot between the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Late in the 20th century, the estate passed on to the Montaner Suredas by inheritance, and was divided between the Count of Zavellà, Pedro de Montaner Sureda and his sister Dolores. Currently, one of the two parts of Son Vivot is a cosy agrotourism farmhouse. Located on the plains of Puig de Santa Magdalena, it retains the original furnishings and traditional decor of the era.